|Christopher Dent built the farmhouse in 1906 for his bride-to-be, Eva. |
In the 1950's Calvert M. Carruthers owned the farm and farmhouse. He allowed the Red Cross to house Hungarian refugees there after the Communist takeover of their country. Some of the former refugees still come to see the house.
The DeGroot family bought the farm in 1980 to expand their nursery-greenhouse.
They used the farmhouse for a Christmas house, then as a tearoom.
The Teahouse is not visible from the road, hidden from view behind DeGroot's Nurseries. Patrons must walk through the nursery to the restaurant.